Robinson Canning Company COLLECTION
Earl K. Long Library
University of New Orleans
Size: 20 linear feet
locations: Westwego, La.
Inclusive dates: 1929-1990
Summary: Ledger books, quarterly reports, personnel records, correspondence, scrapbooks, videotape and audiotape cassettes, photographs of Robinson Canning Company.
Source: Gift, October 1996
Access: No restrictions
Copyright: Physical rights are retained by the Earl K. Long Library, University of New Orleans.
Citation: Robinson Canning Company Collection, Earl K. Long Library, University of New Orleans
Robinson Canning Company, Inc., a family-owned corporation chartered in 1929 by W. A. Robinson, was located at 500 Louisiana Street, Westwego, La. Robinson retired in 1956 and his three sons, Ray, Alan, and Kenneth, took over the operation. They marketed their principal product, canned shrimp, both domestically and internationally. The company ceased operation in 1990.
The collection has not been processed.
Robinson Canning Company (Westwego, La.)