Currently enrolled UNO students are the intended users of the Library’s group study rooms. Others using the rooms will be asked to move to accommodate UNO student study groups (with or without a reservation). Only students with UNO credentials may reserve these rooms. There are 15 group study rooms available for currently enrolled students to reserve for group work. Please note that the University Administration or the Library may reserve these rooms for special events such as the Homer Hitt Scholarship interviews and InnovateUNO. Please ask for assistance at the Library Services Desk with help in locating these rooms or check the Library's floor maps.
Reserved Group Study Rooms in the Learning Commons (rooms 1-5) have: table, chairs, whiteboard with markers and erasers, wireless internet access, and a networked computer.
Reserved Group Study Rooms on the Library's 4th Floor (rooms 418-423 and 425-428) have table, chairs, whiteboard, and 42" wall mounted computer monitor.
- These rooms can be reserved for use by groups to study, class projects, or related work
- A group is 2 or more students (rooms seat 6 comfortably)
- Reservations can be made up to one week in advance and must be made 2 hours in advance of needed time.
- Rooms can be reserved for up to 2 hours, although users can remain in room if no one else has a reservation
- Groups must be in the room by 15 minutes after the start of the reservation or it will be canceled
- Group study room users without reservations must vacate the room when requested by a group with a reservation
- Individuals may not reserve study rooms, but may use the room if not reserved or needed by a group (with or without a reservation)
- If reservations are made by individuals, the reservation will be canceled, and individuals will be asked to leave the room
- The library cannot guarantee that rooms will be available unless reserved.
Other General Info:
- Group study rooms are not available for classes or organizational/social meetings.
- The library is not responsible for items left unattended in rooms.
- Any library items left in the room will be removed and returned to the shelves. Items left in the room that aren't owned by the Library will be taken to the Library's lost and found box at the Library Services Desk on the 1st floor.
- Keep noise levels down as not to disturb others. These rooms are not soundproof.
- Do not block windows with any type of covering.
All library group study rooms are reserved online on a first come, first served basis.