The Earl K. Long Library Digital Media Computers are technological creative workspaces. Patrons have access to software and equipment to edit video, audio, images and web publications for the classroom or personal use. The Library has 2 digital media computers available for use by currently enrolled students and UNO faculty and staff. The computers are located on the 3rd floor in the Innovation Lab (room 320). These computers may also be reserved for up to 4 hours.
General Digital Media Workstation Use Policies
- The Digital Media Workstations are intended to support the academic mission of the University; access to workstations will be prioritized accordingly. Library staff may ask those working on non-academic projects to vacate workstations in favor of those who need to do course-related work. Other policies for use of Library workstations apply. (See the Library's Policy on Use of Library Public Workstations.)
- The Digital Media Workstations are available only to currently enrolled UNO students and currently employed UNO faculty and staff.
- Use and editing of copyrighted materials is subject to all applicable copyright laws and library patrons are expected to comply with such laws in their use of library computers, including provisions for "fair use."
- Digital Media Workstations are not available for general computing activities such as word processing, web browsing or email. These stations are available only for those who need to use the special software and hardware installed on them.
- You may store work-in-progress files on the workstation's internal hard drive for the duration of your session but must save your work to removable media at the end of the session. You should bring a portable USB drive, CD-R or DVD-R disc, to save your work. Files will be deleted from the workstation's hard drive after the completion of a session.
- Software can be recommended for permanent installation via a recommendation form.
- User-installed software will be deleted after the user’s session ends.
- You may connect your own camcorder or other equipment to the workstations; use the USB ports located on the front of the computer.
Adobe Production Premium
LAME MP3 Encoder
Micrsoft Movie Editor
VLC Media Player
Windows DVD Maker
- Patrons may checkout LyndaPro for 7 days
- An access request can be made up to one week in advance and must be made before 3:00pm the previous library open day. Requests made the day of will not be accommodated.
- Email email@example.com to request login access.
Policy approved August 28, 2015