LIBRARY SERVICES STUDENT WORKER
EARL K. LONG LIBRARY, UNIVERSITY OF NEW ORLEANS
SUMMARY: Works under the supervision of the Library Services staff. Will be responsible to serve as a peer role model in following library policies. Will assist the library services staff in providing circulation, information, and general library services to University of New Orleans patrons. Assist users in some technical functions such as print jams, adding paper and toner to printers, and use of scanners. Maintain positive interactions with library users.
- Present a positive and helpful persona.
- Check in/out library materials.
- Provide patrons with information, both informational and directional and make it a point to obtain any information that you cannot immediately provide to patrons.
- Monitor all library floors upon arriving and before leaving.
- Assist in closing procedures, if applicable.
- Be dependable, responsible, on-time, available, and present when scheduled to work.
- Become familiar with and follow library’s policies and procedures.
- Abide by the student workers’ rules agreed to in student worker contract.
- Monitor and replace paper and toner in the Learning Commons printers as needed.
- Provide technical assistance with large and small document scanners.
- Other duties as assigned.